These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Gaithers


This past Friday night I headed to Bangor, Maine to see The Gaither's in concert. I was taking three of my Great Aunties ( my Grammie's sisters ) down. I volunteered to go with them since none of them like to drive on the interstate or in the city. I was looking forward to going though John and I usually go to concerts that are a little loud and a little more rockin' shall I say ....
You see I went to The Gaither's when I was 18 with my family ....
but I was in Love with this guy ...
he was 8 hours away at the time ....
and pretty much on my mind 24 hours a day ...
So I don't remember the concert ....
I remember going and that's about it !
Good thing I married him :)
and then I heard this guy was coming to a town near us on the same night ....
and I love his music ....
You can hear some of his songs on the Fireproof and Courageous soundtracks ....
but I was already committed to The Gaithers ....
I really was looking forward to going but ....
I was more excited about a little of this ....
and a little of this ...
Remember, we live in the country - this stuff is 2 hours away ....
It doesn't happen very often ....
You see we usually go to concerts and see people like these guys ...
Seen The Newsboys 3 times ....
and then again when they got a new lead singer ....
Seen these guys .... 
My Mom found this ....
With Third Day along long time ago ....
and this guy ....
seen TFK ....
we've seen this Country Man ....
and his wife ....



Now get ready ....
Don't be jealous ....

We've seen these guys twice ....
and once again when Greg left and Sam came in the picture ....

Yep - we know how to get our WIGGLE on !!!!!

The Gaither Vocal Band
Wes Hampton, Michael English, Bill Gaither, David Phelps and Mark Lowry

and now I can't believe I'm admitting this but ....
I've never heard anyone sound as good live as The Gaither Vocal Band.
They sing amazing!
I loved the concert :)

I'd like to point out that admitting this does not make me old ....
It does however ....
Make me older than 18 now :)
but not much older ....
I should add that I had a great time with the Great Aunt's :)
I have no pictures to prove it though 
because my camera stayed in the car the entire trip ....
I was very much on the ball :)
Remember you lose brain cells when your pregnant ....
I believe this to be Fact :)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

WHAT????? HOLD THE PHONE. GREG LEFT THE WIGGLES??Where the heck have I been?! :-)
Glad you had a good time. I secretly like a little of the Gaither stuff. Well, I guess its not a secret now. Perhaps its just Guy Penrod that I like. Its the hair. The only man I know that looks halfway decent with long hair...