These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tasty Tuesday ~ Best Ever Mac & Cheese


Mac & Cheese is definate comfort food. I can eat it on a rainy day or a sunny day! Pretty much anyday is fine with me :) Who doesn't love Mac & Cheese ???? I've tried different recipes that I've found just by going to google, but none as good as this one! Enter my very favorite cookbook and one of my fav bloggers! The Pioneer Woman. I'm sure everyone has heard of her - she's a bit famous as a blogger. I love this cookbook and if you go to her blog you can find tons of other recipes.

Pioneer Woman's Mac & Cheese
Start with cooking 4 cups of macaroni, just until firm. Don't overcook it or it will be mushy. Set the cooked macaroni aside. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of butter and 1/4 cup of flour, whisk over low heat for 5 min. Pour in 21/2 cups of milk , add 2 tsp of dry mustard, whisk until smooth .In a seperate bowl, beat 1 egg then add 1/4 cuup of the sauce into the beaten egg, whisk until smooth, pour egg mixture into sauce. Add about 3 cups of cheese ( I used sharp cheddar, but you can use whatever you like ). Stir, then add the salt and pepper. 
Pour sauce over the macaroni. Mix well.
Pour the mac & cheese into an oven safe casserole dish.
Add the rest of the cheese - you can never have too much cheese !!!
Cook at 350 until the cheese has melted. 
This is what it looks like just out of the oven ..... yum ...
Add a salad or add nothing at all !! 
To get this delish recipe just click on the link below and ENJOY :)



If you get a chance to check out her novel which is a hilarious read and all about their love story. I highly recommend! It's one of those just can't put it down reads :)



2 comments:

Ashley Ditto said...

This looks so good! My kids love mac and cheese!

nicolthepickle (Nicole Graham) said...

Mhhh, that looks good. We had mac and cheese the other day, but I didn't think of using her recipe.