These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Country Kid's Day Off


See all these mailboxes? Well, they all belong to my family...
From left to right:
my Uncles, my Uncles, my Great Auntie, my Parents, my Grandparents ......
So guess where my kids want to be ALL the time ????
Did you guess ???? Well - did ya?
Yesterday the cousins had a day off school, which for some reason made my girls think that  it would  be so unfair for them to have todo school ..... So we went out to play .... and what do you think we did when we got there ?
Well we headed to the woods that's where !!!!
Often we forget the beauty in the woods ....
the calmness of nature .......
It's probaly a good place to relax alone ... and if I wasn't a big ole chicken I just might do that someday, but I firmly believe when heading to the woods - there is safety in numbers and the more the merrier ........
the kids never think about the fact that there could be Bears lurking... or Mooose.... or Coyotes ..... but trust me ...... that's pretty much all I think about when we are back there !!!! It's always good to take a dog, so they can bark to warn you if they hear something..... as you see - no dogs with us - we had left Wags home !   My Mom was super helpful though making me feel better by saying things like.... " you know this is the time of year that all the animals are coming out of hibernation " ........ yeah ......
The kids only see adventure .....

and fun ......

Meanwhile I'm wondering who lived there this winter ..... and where he might be now ... ?????

Finding wild rose bushes .....
nothing like wading in the water .......
jumping over streams ......
throwing rocks ........ and this time not on my lawn .....
big sisters teaching little brothers ....
floating sticks through culverts ......
just to get them on the other side .....
Taking breaks ........
Jumping high .........
Having a swing ...


Older cousins taking tractor obsessed little boys for rides .....

Small climbs ......
Big Climbs ......
Little Man finding big rocks to...... yep... you guessed it  ....... Throw :)
I promise you ..... summer is coming to us ..... it just seems to take forever .... 
I. 
Know.
but it will be here soon  .....






1 comment:

Shannon said...

Loved this! You just made me glad I don't live somewhere where there are bear dens. Yikes!