These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Monday, August 6, 2012

One Year Ago


One Year Ago today ....
My husband and I walked in to the hospital to be induced to miscarry... I was 12 weeks 2 days pregnant at the time. I had found out two days earlier that our baby had stopped growing and his or her little heart stopped beating about 2-3 weeks before that. I was given a choice since the baby wasn't coming on his/her own .... to wait it out or be induced. I chose the later ....They said it could be anytime or it could take weeks, and carrying the baby around for weeks wasn't emotionally an option for me ! So one year later and here we are ! Today was a much happier day ! In fact I had put it almost completely out of my mind until I sat down to write this post ...
I learned much after going through this loss :
~ Life is fragile and precious and can be over in the blink of an eye ~ even in the womb.
~ Miscarriage is a silent subject - not talked about -  because others just don't understand your loss unless they've been through it themselves .
~ I will never take for granted getting pregnant and being able to stay pregant again ..
~ There was nothing I could or couldn't have done to prevent this from happening ...
Everything happens for a reason ...
One year later ~ Today was a happy day :)

3 comments:

pauline~myheartGodshome said...

Shannon,
I'm so glad today was a happier day! We lost our first baby,it was the hardest journey I(we) ever had to walk through. The memory of the loss sweeps through my thoughts every now and again and right behind those thoughts are the reminders of the lessons I(we) learned by God's grace. Your blog brought tears to my eyes. I'm thankful to the Lord for you and your happier day today!! God's blessing on you Shannon and your beautiful blessed family!
Pauline <3

menopausal mama said...

I'm glad you are doing better now, Shannon and that you got through this loss with a positive attitude. I've been in your shoes--once with a miscarriage and once when I lost one of my full-term twin babies. This was many years ago, and I now have 4 beautiful children. I think both losses helped me to appreciate the fragility of life even more and especially strengthen the love I have for my family. Thanks for sharing such a touching blog post!

Rachael said...

Oh girl -I get ya. Been there a few times myself. So very hard but you arr absolutely right...those of us who've been through it have new appreciaton for life. Every day is a gift! So glad your day was a happy one!
P.S. After our last loss a year ago this past spring we planted a tree that blooms to remind us. This year when it bloomed my daughter stated "hey mom...last year we lost a baby but this year we have two!" God is good ALL the time! Blessings...