These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Sunday, August 19, 2012

My BOY Is 4

4 years ago today ....
6 weeks early ....
Only 3 hours of labour, scared only after the doctor told me to pray you would weight at least 4 or 5 lbs. My delivery room door left open so the ambulance attendant standing there could be ready to put you into an incubator and whisk you off to a bigger hospital ....
You came out without a cry and full of infection because you weren't quite ready to be born , but proved yourself by being a whopping 6 lbs even though you came a little early ...

Cooper Myles William 
You spent your first hour of life in an ambulance on your way to a NICU ...
We didn't see you until three hours later ...
2 days later we were able to hold you  ...
1 week later we brought you home ... All 5lbs 4 oz... of you ....
We loved you, fed you , and you grew and grew ....
You spend your days smiling and laughing ...
You melt your Mama's heart with your hugs and kisses and " I love you Mama" ....
You so far don't seem afraid of much ...
Now you climb higher and higher ...
You smirk and say " don't worry Mom I'm fine "
You tell me " I don't need any help, I can do it no problem "
 I think you outgrew that little incubator ...
Happy 4th Birthday to my Big Boy ...
Who by the way judging from these pics ... may or may not be in need of a haircut :)

No comments: