These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Easy Dill Pickles

I bought some fresh cucumbers a few days ago. Notice I said bought not " picked them out of my garden" ...  So I dug out my recipes books looking for an easy Dill Pickle recipe. I found one :)
Start with fresh cucumbers. I used 10 for this batch. 
Wash them well .
Cut them up into strips and make sure to take the seeds out. Let them soak in cold water while you are getting everything ready ....
Wash and sterilize your jars...
Don't forget to boil your lids ...
Fill your jars with the cut up cukes ....
Cover with Fresh Dill 
Heat in a sauce pot :
~ 2 Cups of Vinegar
~ 1 Cup of Pickling Salt
~ 2 and 1/2 Quarts of Water
Bring to a boil , pour it in the jars right to the top! Make sure the dill is covered. Seal your jars immediately, and listen for the popping :)
Make sure you let the pickles sit for 4 - 6 weeks before sneaking into them :)
ENJOY !!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you remind me with this making some myself..i do them with vinegar and sugar and let them in the fridge..thanks for sharing shannon

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

My kids LOVE dill pickles.

Unknown said...

I LOVE canning pickles!!!
I have a new home, hope you will follow me over there! Blessings to you!

Shannon said...

Ashley, I can't find your new blog :(
Can you send me the link? Thanks :)