These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Friday, December 28, 2012

Our Tiny Son SAMUEL


I haven't blogged in over 5 weeks. Not since our world turned upside down. I still don't know what to write. I just want you to meet my Son. He was born to early. He was perfect. He was completely perfectly formed, 100% healthy. The only reason he died was because his Mama's body just refused to cooperate and he died shortly after birth. We tired so hard, but it was too late, the combination of a nasty infection, that caused pre labor, too many contractions, my body completely ready to deliver, a surgery that would have worked, had I not already completely funnnled open from the contractions. The surgery, laying head down in a bed and drugs trying to stop my contractions bought us too more weeks, but on December 8, we knew it was too late, nothing was stopping it anymore, I was in full labor, they had to cut my stitch. I now know there is nothing worse than feeling your little boy kick you perfectly healthy, until he drops into your birth canal while laboring and dilating clear to 10 cm. Knowing the whole time that your babies chance at life is 0-10%, and three hours later, at 5:16 p.m. , without a dry eye in the room,  SAMUEL JOHN was born. He came in to the world at 1 lb. 3 oz. and my husband and I had to watch him struggle to breath and die in our arms. We kept him with us for 4 hours. Our  children met their brother and wept over him, our families came to meet their grandson, and nephew. I never felt such pain. I've had a miscarriage but there is no comparison to holding and watching your baby die. I will write more later but for now, I can't hardly see the screen through my tears. So for now, a picture. This is Our Son. He got to spend his first Christmas in Heaven. We are so in love with him and will miss him for the rest of our lives.
Our baby Boy :

Samuel John 
December 8, 2012
1 lb. 3 oz .



13 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love you guys. My heart aches for all of you. XOXO

Shanilie said...

Oh Shannon, I can't even begin to comprehend the pain and sorrow of losing a child. I love you guys and you have my constant thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

What can I say! As I sit here and cry for you folks I pray you find peace in all this but I question WHY? Brenda

Stacy in KY said...

I can only imagine your pain. I am so sorry. I know that only God can heal your broken hearts. I pray for you and your precious family daily and wish there was more that I could do. I know that God is holding all of you in his arms and he alone will see you through this. My heart breaks for you.

Kristi said...

ohh you guys...i have just been so so heart-broken for you guys, thinking of you and praying for you so often over these last number of weeks...the pain is unimaginable...so incredibly sad and devastating...I can only understand your heart in wanting to share something - anything - to honor his memory - to honor him....and to share with the rest of us that he is not forgotten - he is loved and his memory lives on in your hearts. nothing to say to ease this pain, I know...you are on our hearts and in our prayers. much love and peace to you as you continue on in this journey.

Melissa Baker said...

Know your not alone, here is a friend of mine who has lost two baby boys. She shares her heart just as you have done today. http://myheartontheoutside.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/maybe-tomorrow.html

May God wrap his arms around the hearts of you and your family xx

Anonymous said...

Shannon - how my heart grieves with you over the loss of your precious Samuel. Thank you for sharing your heart and story with us. Thank you for sharing his picture. I am crying with you and feel a fraction of the ache you must have to hold him now.

I am praying for you and your precious family. I wish I could hug your neck and cry with you.

April - www.peacefulwife.com

Shannon Wallace said...

May God give you the grace and strength--and He will--to get through the next few weeks and months of a new season.

Blessed are they who mourn for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4

marymo5 said...

I am so sorry for your loss (((hugs))) :(

Rachael said...

Shannon...little Samuel is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing him with us. Its nice to see you blogging again....
Our hearts ache for the loss your family feels..

Smilie girl said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you and your family. A big hug for you all. May you be surrounded by love and prayer.

Unknown said...

Shannon my heart breaks for you, really breaks. Samual is beautiful I am so very sorry you had to say goodbye to him. Please know yu are not alone. I remeber feeling so alone in the first weeks even months. There are many mommies that have walked this path and will love and support you. I am saying a prayer for yu now and will continue to pray or you. Love hugs and prayers sent to you sweet mommy.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Shannon, I'm just now finding your blog, and I am so very sorry for your pain. I cannot even imagine what you're going through. Prayers for you, for healing. ♥