These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine Weekend Recap

Valentine's was a pretty simple affair around here this year. The kiddos got a few small treats ...
A.K.A. ~ A Sugar High ...

The little bear was to put on Sammy's grave. We go down every holiday. Yes, I realize Valentine's isn't technically a real holiday but it just felt wrong not to go visit his grave that day .
The kiddos wanted to make a gift for Daddy 
So Maggey got her birthday gift out from her Aunt Beth ~ An airbrush machine ! They donned Daddy's old t-shirts ...
And got right down to business ...
The finished product !
A shirt made with Love for Daddy :)
Which he wore to work the next day .... ( under his sweater ) :)
My parents were going overnight to visit my sister and brother-in-law's. So my sis invited the kids to come. Of course they all said Yes !!!
And got surprised with a trip to an indoor amuesment park
Which is the only kind of amusement park you can have in a place where it's cold at least 6 months of the year :)
So it seems ....
So they went on rides ....
braved the roller coaster ...
I was so happy to see their smiles in the pictures ...
They've had enough sadness for a while ...
and had a little fun in the snow too ...

It wouldn't be a sleepover without Cooper checking out how stable the bed is ....
Then it was all over ...
They settled in for the long ride home ...
I know they are very thankful for our old I-phones filled with games ....
They had a great time :)
Thanks  : Mimi, Bampi, Aunt Katie & Uncle Adam 
My Valentine's Day gift, blown up and framed ...
We went to Samuel's grave on Valentine's. It was my first time down since New Year's. I'm so glad it was a sunshine kind of day . I think it helped keep my emotions under control while we were there . My Dad made the cross so it's easier to find Sammy's spot under all the snow. His headstone will arrive the beginning of June, so until then I'm thankful for a marker I can see from the road . The plastic that's covering all the flowers and stuffed animals from the snow was frozen to the ground so we had to leave his Valentine's bear exposed to the weather ... We've had two storms since then so I'm sure it's more than buried and lost under the snow now.
One more reason I can't wait until summer ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO glad to see the kids are having a good time. How sweet of your dad to make that precious little cross. Hope you are doing a little better but sometimes is one step forward two back. Praying your heart is healing.