These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tulips & Apple Pies



Tonight hubby surprised us girls with flowers when he got home from work. The yellow ones for me and the pink for the girls.... He's the best...... and if you want to see a little girl light up, that's what will happen when a daddy brings  flowers :)
I'm wondering if secretly he just wanted to replace the fantastic Easter centerpiece that I created.........
Here's one more pic of it.......... I know - I'm super crafty...


I must say, I'm not hating that it's been replaced by flowers........



I have been a pinning machine on Pinterest lately, and wanted to try these Bite Sized Apple Pies, because I am always on the lookout for recipes that include the words: Simple & Quick.

When Cooper saw these in the oven.. He sweetly asked me... " are you cookin' bones for Wags Mom?".. No buddy, " you have to eat these" :)
Good thing he's so darn cute :)
Here's the delish recipe....


Bite Size Apple Pies
Taste of Home

1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg. (14.1 oz..} refrigerated pie crust
3 tbsp. melted butter, divided
2 medium tart apples, each cut into 8 wedges

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside 1 Tbsp. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pastry. Brush with  2 Tbsp. melted butter, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.

Cut each sheet into 8 one inch strips, about 8 in. long. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against apple.

Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 16.
This is the end result! Only 25 minutes altogether. I think these would be great served with vanila ice-cream on the side.... I unfortunately was out... so we just picked them up and ate them with our fingers. Yummy Treat. Thanks Pinterest :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'll definitely have to try these. Beautiful flowers x

Jessica said...

Just saw you had a blog and came over. Love the flowers!